Quantum Technology at Queens (QTeQ)
the group's website.
The group currently consists of four permanent staff members (G. De Chiara, A. Ferraro, J. F. McCann, and M. Paternostro) and two early-career research fellows (L. Mazzola, and A. Xuereb). Several PhD students are currently working towards their Thesis in collaboration with the team members. The group's current topics of interest include:
- Theromdynamics of quantum systems
- Quantum Information Processing and the theory of Quantum Correlations
- Many-Body Quantum Physics and Quantum Control
- Quantum Optics
- Quantum Optomechanics and its hybridisation
- Foundations of Quantum Mechanics
- Physics of Quantum Gases and Ultracold Atoms
The group collaborates with some of the leading teams working in Quantum Information Processing (including researchers based in Aarhus, Barcelona, Erlangen, Innsbruck, London, Oxford, Palermo, Pisa, Rome, Seoul, Singapore, Southampton, Ulm, Vienna).
Current funding includes support from the Northern Ireland Department of Employment and Learning, the UK EPSRC, the EU Marie Curie Action, the Royal Commission for the Exhibition of 1851, the Alexander von Humboldt Stiftung, the EU Commission, and the John Templeton Foundation.
Our work frequently hits the news! Check out the most recent press
releases on the results of our investigations: