The overarching theme of my main work has been tackling complicated quantum many-body problems, describing experiment and making predictions for real (i.e., not model) systems.
- atomic and molecular diagrammatic many-body theory;
- theory of low-energy antimatter (positron and positronium) interactions with atoms and molecules;
- theory of atomic and molecular collisions;
- quantum chaos;
- theory of ultraintense-laser matter interactions.
- computational quantum many-body physics & quantum chemistry; including development of B-spline and Gaussian basis approaches, ab initio GW/Bethe-Salpeter methods and beyond.
- Many-body theory calculations of positronic-bonded molecular dianions
J. P. Cassidy, J. Hofierka, B. Cunningham, C. M. Rawlins, and D. G. Green (under review
- Gaussian-basis many-body theory calculations of positron binding to negative ions and atoms
J. Hofierka, B. Cunningham, C. M. Rawlins, C. H. Patterson, and D. G. Green
- Many-body Theory Calculations of Positron Binding to Halogenated Hydrocarbons
J. P. Cassidy, J. Hofierka, B. Cunningham, C. M. Rawlins, C. H. Patterson, and D. G. Green
- Positron binding in HCN
J. Hofierka, B. Cunningham and D. G. Green (under review).
- B-Spline basis Hartree-Fock method for arbitrary central potentials: atoms, clusters and electron gas
D. T. Waide, D. G. Green and G. F. Gribakin, arXiv:2108.05850 (under review).
- Self annihilation of confined positronium, A. R. Swann, D. G. Green and G. F. Gribakin, arXiv:2108.01966.
- Positron annihilation with core and valence electrons,
D. G. Green and G. F. Gribakin, arXiv:1502.08045.
Many-body theory/antimatter interactions with atoms and molecules
Many-body theory calculations of positron scattering and annihilation in noble-gas atoms, via solution of Bethe-Salpeter equations using the Gaussian-basis code EXCITON+,
J. Hofierka, B. Cunningham, C. M. Rawlins, D. T. Waide and D. G. Green,
Frontiers in Physics 11, 1227652 (2023).
Many-body theory calculations of positron scattering and annihilation in H2, N2 and CH4,
C. M. Rawlins*, J. Hofierka*, B. Cunningham, C. H. Patterson and D. G. Green (*) joint-first authors
arXiv:2303.02083, Phys. Rev. Lett. 130, 263001 (2023) [open access]
Ultraintense laser-plasma interactions
(my close collaborator and friend in this work, Chris Harvey, who was a Research Fellow of similar age, is deceased).
Atomic and Molecular collisions, cold molecules and quantum chaos
The approach to chaos in ultracold atomic and molecular physics: statistics of near-threshold bound states for Li+CaH and Li+CaF
M. D. Frye, M. Morita, C. L. Vaillant, D. G. Green, Jeremy M. Hutson
Phys. Rev. A 93, 052713 (2016)
Chapters in Books
D. G. Green and G. F. Gribakin, Enhancement factors for positron annihilation on valence and core orbitals of noble-gas atoms. In: Y. Wang, M. Thachuk, R. Krems, and J. Maruani (eds.), Concepts, Methods and Applications of Quantum Systems in Chemistry and Physics, Progress in Theoretical Chemistry and Physics, vol. 31 (Springer, 2018), pp. 243-263. arXiv:1703.06980 ; Original publication
A Quantised Cyclin-Based Cell Cycle Model
C. Emerson, L. Bennie, N. M. Byrne, D. G. Green, F. J. Currell, J. A. Coulter,
Journal of Biotechnology and Biomedicine, accepted (2023).