Last updated February 17, 2021 by Ian Stewart
We are happy to receive applications from people wishing to undertake a PhD. Full funding (stipend and tuition fees) would be available for a number of UK nationals or EU nationals (who have lived in the UK for over 3 years prior to their application, unless otherwise stated). The closing date is 5PM(GMT) on 12th February 2021. All research projects are subject to availability and due to commence in October 2021.
For further information, please contact the supervisors of the Projects listed below or Dr. A Ferraro
The following projects have dedicated funding.
- Theory of positron interactions with molecules/condensed matter and related processes
- Supervisors: Dr D. Green; Dr M. Grüning;
- Machine learning-enhanced diagnostics of open quantum networks
Deadline: 5th March 2021 at 4 pm (GMT)
- Supervisors: Dr A. Ferraro; Dr J. McAllister;
The following projects are also available.
- Relativistic R-Matrix Calculations in the EUV/soft X-ray energy regime
- Supervisors: Dr C. Ballance
- Non-equilibrium Entanglement
- Supervisors: Dr. G. De Chiara
- Quantum-data analysis for quantum technologies
- Supervisors: Dr. A. Ferraro; Prof M. Paternostro
- Quantum chaos in multicharged positive ions
- Supervisors: Dr. G. Gribakin; Dr. C Ballance
- Positron binding and annihilation in molecules
- Supervisors: Dr. G. Gribakin; Dr. D Green
- Attoclock: timing photoionization on the sub-femtosecond timescale
- Supervisors: Prof H. van der Hart; Dr. A. Brown
The school of Mathematics and Physics has a number of fully-funded studentships available to the UK students and EU students who have completed their undergraduate studies in the UK. Apart from these, a small amount of support is available through a Purser studentship.
Please note that we will not be able to accept applications that do not follow the required procedures/forms.
For further information, please contact
Dr A. Ferraro
Centre for Theoretical Atomic, Molecular and Optical Physics
The School of Mathematics and Physics
Old Physics Building
The Queen’s University of Belfast
Belfast BT7 1NN
Telephone: +44 (0)28 9097 1930 Direct Line
We are a Research Cluster of the School of Mathematics and Physics at Queen’s University Belfast in Northern Ireland. Our research interests are focused primarily on computational and theoretical physics.
The Old Physics Building,
CTAMOP is situated.